I have never been able to watch American Idol. Although there have been a few decent singers to come out of the show in the past, year after year it seems that the quality has gone down. That is because in general, on and off the show, the criterion for judging whether a person actually has singing talent has changed. For people in a certain age group, the vocal skills of Patti Labelle is viewed as just screams, while someone like Mary J. Blige is regarded as one of the finest singers to ever come into the business. It seems that generations have changed not only the measuring method, but the measuring stick as well, when it comes to evaluating vocal skill.With Idol though, it seems that vocal skill is hardly taken into consideration at all. (The evaluation of it by the judges however, is mentioned for show and dramatic effect.) The matter of importance for Idol is how one looks, e.g., who's cute and how one wears one's hair. Comedian Jimmy Kimmel calls American Idol, karaoke. That opinion here is understood.
Music producer, video producer, director, composer, musician and writer. Produced, wrote, edited and directed the first video/film documentary on legendary music producer Tom Wilson: "Tom Wilson, Forgotten Pioneer Music Producer." Co-produced with singer/producer Strafe (creator of underground classic "Set It Off") the single "This Is Not A Jungle, This Is A Zoo" by Shaman. Author of the first biographical encyclopedia done on rap music, Rap Whoz Who, nominated for the Ralph J. Gleason Music Book Award. Music columnist for the New York Beacon, first to introduce their readership to artists Black Eyed Peas, Goodie Mob, Nine Inch Nails, Kittie, the Dixie Chicks, The Roots, System Of A Down, Nadja Salerno-Sonnenberg, R. Kelly, Ministry, Notorious B.I.G. (Biggie Smalls), Ani DiFranco, Wu-Tang Clan, Ben Harper, Shelby Lynne, Public Enemy, Nikka Costa, Korn, Me'shell Ndegeocello, Faith, Outkast, Joan Osborne, Sean Puffy Combs, Lucinda Williams, N.W.A, The Neptunes. Playwright: “Neighborhood Disrupted,” produced by the American Theatre of Actors. Hot rod, motorcycle, Formula 1 NASCAR NHRA, Kustom Kulture enthusiast and auto tech.
- RT @Jalopnik: Edd China is leaving Wheeler Dealers because Velocity wants to make it worse jalo.ps/drlEs7o https://t.co/KBUgPTmWeK 3 months ago
- RT @vurnt22: To have stood on stage with Mr. Chuck Berry at the Apollo Theater is one of the great honors of my life. He gave... https://t.… 4 months ago
- The master. The teacher. Rock n roll. Hail hail! RIP https://t.co/7fgPbMAq9B 4 months ago
- your #finaltake analysis on voting was accurate @stephenasmith and right out of my head. amazing. 7 months ago
- RT @vurnt22: Congratulations to Bad Brains on their nomination to the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame. They helped light the way for us. Well dese… 9 months ago